Sunday, March 20, 2011

weaving love.

I started my 4th weaving project yesterday. It was one of thoes listen to your gut moments. While I was warping the loom I was having some trouble with the yarn and I really should have stopped then and picked another yarn. I didn't. I finished warping and started weaving. I noticed right away that something wasn't right about the tension. Then after wewaving about 1 1/2 inches I noticed my first broken warp thread. It didn't snap it just slowly fell apart. as I looked I watched another one fall apart. The yarn was disintegration. So I pulled it all off the loom and put it in the trash. The yarn just wasn't strong enough to be used as a warp and I was basically pulling it apart. So today I picked a yarn from deep in the stash. It doesn't have any ball bands but I'm pretty sure it was knitpicks stroll in a taupe heather color. Its plenty strong and is holding up much better. I used about 1 3/4 balls of it to warp a 8 inch wide surface on a 12 dent heddle. I am using mini mochi for the warp and even though I only have a few inches I can see that this is going to be a very pretty scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment