Friday, October 14, 2011

this months goals ( sort of)

So origianally, I had told myself that for the month of October I was going to focus on finishing thing and making hats for gifts. Really so far this month I have done pretty well. Yes I have entered a lot of new patterns into my que and favorites but I have not cast on anything new that wasn't a hat. For the record I have finished all the hast I have started this month.
I have a few projects that I really need to get off the needles. they are lingering in a state of "not doneness". For example the swirl. I cast on and knit it furiously and then I got bored and cast it aside for a few months. Its very pretty, very soft and I'm afraid it has gotten a bit, tedious. I'd like to get inspired to pull it out and finish it before the end of the year. So I have this on my list of things I can work on this month.
The project that really has my attention is this test knit. Its a Escher inspired blanket. I was going to use the original colors but instead decided to match the living room colors.
The ppicture isnt great but the pattern is!! Here were my first fish and tortoise I also have cream colored ducks. i must say this women is a genius.
Also on the needles, is the modified polly pullover by spud and chloe. The whole body and one sleeve are complete I have run out of yarn so it's waiting patiently to be completed.
I am also allowing myself to begin a baby blanket for a friend who is having a baby on Christmas. I haven't felt like doing it yet but hopefully I will soon.

I'm knitting lots of hats right now and giving then away. The next hat to be started is Meret by wholly wormhead.

I also might not be able to resist the urge to knit up a octopus by Pigu pigu designs.
Now the real challenge this month is that I am expecting the coastal knits book to arrive on my door step nextweek maybe. Have you seen the patterns? I want to knit almost everything in that book. How will I stay focused?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I love the blanket... can't wait to see more pieces of it!

    ReplyDelete